FUN AND QUICK SNACKS TO MAKE AT HOME
It's been quite a while since we last shopped at the grocery stores freely, eat in our favorite restaurants, buying in malls, and snack on our preferred meals in some fast-food chains. We stayed home to stop the spread of the virus, stock our shelves with food and necessary things, learned to have fun without going out, pulled out our old inflammable water pools, and learned more important things. I know it gets monotonous sometimes and people find ways and things to do to kill boredom at home. I have listed some simple yet fun snacks for you to make and share with your family. Enjoy!
1.) Chewy Brownies
All you need is just Flour, Nutella, and Eggs! You can make these delicious brownies anytime at home in less than 30 minutes.
- Half a cup of flour
- 1 and a half cup of Nutella
- 2 Eggs
- Combine all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until the mixture is creamy.
- Then preheat oven to 350°F and grease your favorite baking pan.
- Put the brownie mixture into your baking pan divided with the desired size.
- Bake for 15 minutes only, longer than the said time will make the brownies dry and hard.
- Cool and set before serving. Enjoy!
2.) Mozzarella Sticks
Fun and easy to make mozzarella sticks adults and kids will surely enjoy! You can make this in just 20 minutes.
- Egg roll wrappers
- 1 Egg
- Mozzarella sticks (Or any cheese available at home)
- Oil (Canola or Olive oil for frying)
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Place each mozzarella stick in the wrapper and roll. Close it by brushing the ends of the wrapper with egg wash.
- Make as many as you want. Then preheat the pan.
- Put Olive oil
- Fry your mozzarella sticks until golden brown.
- Serve with Marinara or Spaghetti Sauce on the side. Enjoy!
3.) Frozen Yogurt Bites
This is a perfect snack treat for kids! You can have the kids make this with you. No cooking.
- Yogurt (Pick your favorite flavor)
- Fruits (like blueberries, pineapple, or strawberries)
- Almond milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt and almond milk.
- Cut your fruits in small pieces
- Put the fruits in your mixing bowl and stir
- Pour them in cute little ice cube molds which can freezer.
- Freeze for about an hour or more depending on the temperature of your freezer.
- If it's frozen and hard enough, serve in a cute bowl.
- You can add whipped cream on top and sprinkle candies. Enjoy!
4.) Spiced Sweet Potato Fries
A healthy and yummy finger food the whole family will love!
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 package of frozen French-fried sweet potatoes or fresh sweet potatoes sliced thinly like fries
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven and bake the sweet potatoes.
- Meantime, in a bowl, combine all the spices or ingredients.
- When the sweet potatoes are half cooked, remove from the oven and sprinkle over fries generously.
- Put it back in the oven and wait till cooked.
- Serve with your favorite dip on the side. Enjoy!
5.) Chewy Caramel Popcorn
Chewy and sweet popcorn for everyone! Quick and easy to make. A perfect snack when chilling or watching your favorite movie with the family.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups of brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups of butter
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 24 cups of popped popcorn
- Mark two 15x10x1-inches pans with paper. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add brown sugar and syrup and stir to dissolve. Boil and stir for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately mix in vanilla and stir.
- Pour caramel mixture over your popcorn and stir gently to coat.
- With a rubber spatula, press popcorn into ready pans.
- Cool and pull separated into pieces.
- Put in airtight containers. Enjoy!
Cooking or making fun snacks is one of the best times to bond with the family! Let us take this time to strengthen our connection with the whole family. For more quick and easy homemade recipes, click this. CLICK HERE.