THE TWO MOST CLASSIC DISHES ON HOLIDAYS
Now that holidays are fast approaching, families are getting busy preparing and gathering ideas of what to serve on the table on family get-togethers. It is best to have the best conception of what to cook and be prepared as early as possible to avoid the holiday rush. This will not only save time but will allow you to have something to cook when unexpected guests come. Today, I will share with you the 2 most classic or 2 popular dishes on holiday especially Christmas day with recipes.
1.) Roast Turkey
A traditional main dish that has been part of many generations. It is perfect in any occasion. Just season it with salt and pepper, greased with turkey stock, and stuffed with your all-time favorite dressing. The cooking time or the roasting time will depend on the size of your turkey.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 10 pounds Fresh Turkey
- 2 Lemons
- Chopped Thyme Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the lemon, zested and juiced.
- Add 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves and set aside this mixture.
- Remove the giblets out of the turkey and wash them thoroughly inside and out. Discard any excess fat and pinfeathers and tap the outside to dry.
- Place the turkey in a big roasting pan. Put salt and pepper on the inside of the turkey cavity.
- Stuff the cavity with a lot of thyme, garlic, onion, and half of the lemon.
- Grease the outside of the turkey with the butter mixture you have set aside and moisten with salt and pepper.
- Tie the turkey's legs together and tuck the wing tips under the body of the turkey.
- Now is the time to roast the turkey about 2 to 3 hours until the juices are clear when you try to cut between the leg and thigh. \
- Transfer the turkey to a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil then let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Now your perfect roasted turkey is ready to eat. Slice and serve.
2.) Stuffed Potato
A tasty and creamy stuffed potato perfect for any special occasion. Kids and Adults love it!
- Potatoes (5-6pcs.)
- Sour Cream (1/2 cup)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (2 cups)
- Soften butter 2 tablespoons and 1/4 cups (used separately)
- Half a cup of crispy bacon in bits
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and prick each potatoes using a fork. Grease each potato with softened butter. (2 tablespoons)
- Put the potatoes in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes until they are soft when pushed.
- If it is soft, it is time to take out the potatoes of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for about 15minutes.
- If it is cool, gently slice them in half lengthwise. Remove all the cooked flesh from the skins and leave about 1/4-inch shell of flesh and skin.
- In a large mixer bowl, put the cooked potato flesh and add 1/4 cup softened butter and mix well. After it is combined, add the sour cream, pepper, cheese, salt, and bacon and beat for 1 minute until feathery.
- Then spoon the potato blend back into the potato shells and sprinkle with paprika. Then bake for 25 minutes until its golden brown. Serve immediately.
To know more homemade recipes, Check this link. CLICK HERE